Sunday, October 11, 2009

Brett S. Ellen, American Financial Network / Securities America

Hello. My name is Brett S. Ellen, president and CEO of American Financial Network.

The one thing I want advisors today to ask themselves is “Am I really covering all of my clients’ needs or am I only focusing on their personal finance?” It is a big world out there with untapped opportunities, especially among business owners and senior executives with an array of business-related financial challenges.

These challenges might have to do with corporate benefit programs, deferred compensation solutions, tax strategies or insurance plans and your clients may want help with these issues. As their trusted advisor, you are in a perfect position to provide the resources and support they need. Not only can you add value to your client relationships, but the growth opportunity for your practice is real, as well.

There are more than 275,000 mid-market companies in the United States. With revenues between $5 million and $500 million, these businesses generally have a small group of decision makers who can listen to recommendations from trusted advisors and make decisions quickly about how to move forward. Imagine the value you’d bring to your business-owner clients if you could be their go-to advisor for all of their business-related issues.

One way I’ve built a successful practice is by utilizing a brain trust of fellow professionals called the Financial Solutions Alliance. I use the alliance, along with the resources offered to me through Securities America where I have consistently ranked as one of their top advisors and registered representatives, to augment my financial planning and wealth management services. The breadth of expertise of the alliance partners includes accounting, investment banking, business consulting, law, real estate and other services. Developing relationships through our alliance allows each member - and their clients - to benefit from our collective knowledge, experience and independent point of view.

It would be nearly impossible for an individual financial advisor to have the range and depth of expertise in all of these areas. But with the team approach, it makes each of the alliance members more valuable to their clients.

Over the years, I’ve been approached by many advisors, asking how I have expanded my practice to its current size - which is approximately $1 B in assets under advisement. If you are interested in learning more about my approach, visit my website, www.afn-net.com.

No comments: